Monday, July 9, 2012

fresh-squeezed oj, Take That Waltz, and another burger

I made fresh-squeezed orange juice with the two remaining oranges yesterday morning:



Beautiful!

After a productive Biblical Hebrew lesson, I took the light rail over to Damascus Gate and walked to the Cinematheque to watch another film at the Jerusalem Film Festival. Unfortunately, since I can't understand enough Hebrew, I'm limited to the movies in English. I watched Take This Waltz, a Canadian film directed by Sarah Polley. It was really well done. The pacing, colors, acting, storyline... all well-measured and quite believable. I also fell in love with the interiors of houses--you'll know what I mean if/when you watch it. I have many more thoughts on the film, but it's better for in-person conversations, since I'd like to hear your thoughts on it too. You should check it out if you can; click here for screenings in the States. (image credit: IMDB)

And of course, a post wouldn't be complete without more photos of food for you food-lovers. Ironically, I still haven't had a falafel yet in Israel this summer (working on it!), but I've had kosher burgers twice (no cheese). Most recently, I went to Burgers Bar, where I ordered a spicy burger with a fried egg on top (claro) and a bunch of sauces, including tahini (which they call tahina here), bbq, garlic mayo, and sweet chili. The place was hopping with high schoolers, so it took a while to order, but mmm so worth it! (that is not salty snow all over my fries... it's the flash)



No comments:

Post a Comment