Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Mamilla

Quick post on a lovely evening in Mamilla, a posh area of West Jerusalem, which looks very European. I don't like spending too much time there since it reminds me so much of American malls, but it was nice to have an Italian ("Italian dairy kosher") dinner with some friends as we planned our excursions for the month. We ordered a pizza with peppers, onions, and eggplant; another with goat cheese and roasted tomatoes; a house salad with sweet potato chips; and Leffe Brune beers.



We sat up on a huge balcony in the cool night air, which was lovely. There was also a swing, so of course, Sara and I tried it out :):


I'm wearing my wrap-around pants that I bought in the market for ~$6. They start out about four times my width, before I tie it around me! Super comfy.


On our walk from the restaurant to a cafe in search of wifi, we saw adorable couples ballroom dancing on the strip. The white and blue lights were on above us, which added to the festivity:



We cozied down in Sara and Nick's fave, Aroma Cafe, slurping delicious fraps with the complementary piece of chocolate:


And speaking of food (as usual, haha), check out my bounty from the market today!

No comments:

Post a Comment