Friday, July 6, 2012

laundry by hand (and dinner with some divvies!)

My laundry bag's been getting pretty full, so I asked Avi where the laundromat is (My subletter told that there was one nearby). Avi said he didn't know, since he and Alex usually just wash things by hand or take a load to their parents' places in Haifa and Tel Aviv. Hm... okie doke.

So, I grabbed a bucket and started! I'm actually still working on it... figured I'd get a post in while I wait for some clothes to dry on the line before I replace them...

Here's the bucket with some shirts inside. I brought some detergent from home in little bottles, so I was good to go:


After squishing and rubbing the clothes in the soapy water for a while, I rinsed them in the sink with the faucet and shower-head. At first I was pretty gentle about it, but by my third load, I got pretty darn vigorous to speed things up:


That's a pair of yoga capris! I'm leaving my larger items for the next time I go to Myles's house to use his washer though, since I doubt I can do a good job in my little bucket.

I have some lines outside my balcony, which is convenient. It turns out that since it's Friday, the entire neighborhood is also working on their laundry... there are clothes hanging out on the floors beneath me:




The little plastic clips looked kinda dinky to me so I was a little nervous that things would fall in the wind, but they are surprisingly sturdy.

Here's one shelf complete:


They smell so nice, toasted by the sun!

And for good measure, here are some Divvies (plus a new friend from Prague) at a homemade dinner last night!


No comments:

Post a Comment