Monday, July 23, 2012

parasailing in Eilat

This past weekend was quite the journey. On Wednesday after my tutoring session, Sara, Nick and I took a 4-hour bus ride from Jerusalem to Eilat, on the southern coast of Israel. We slept at a hostel with a very strong air conditioner. Thank God for that, since the temperature was in the 120's! The air was so dry that I actually got a nosebleed at night. Oh my.

In the morning, we walked to the beach and Sara and I went parasailing! I've always dreamed of parasailing... getting to do it over the Red Sea is even better! SO MUCH FUN! (photos courtesy of Sara)


(strapping in, kinda nervous; the old man on the sea behind me called me a ballerina once i returned from the sky since i was dancing in the air, haha)

(getting ready to lift off)

(wheeeee!!!!!!)

(loving it)

(smooth landing)

Afterwards, she and I swam/floated in the glorious Red Sea for hours and laid out on the beach chairs for a while, under umbrellas. I applied and reapplied sunblock all day but got burned anyway. Oh well. All worth it. The Red Sea looked so calm and blue from the sky; it was really clear when we were in it. Mmmm.... delightfully cool and clean. No "medusas" (jellyfish) as in Tel Aviv!!

No comments:

Post a Comment